Lori's Elf Spat Recap, Conclusion


From:         80s_child@my-deja.com (Lori)
Newsgroups:   alt.fan.tom-servo
Subject:      Lori's Elf Spat Recap - Conclusion
Date:         Mon, 06 Aug 2001 16:12:34 GMT
Organization: Cubicle #14
Message-ID:   <3b6ec15e.12397356@news.cis.dfn.de>

(Again, special thanks to Arthur Levesque for contributing to this report.)


A few things I forgot in my recap of Elf Spat, Day Two

1. Doritos! Lots and lots of yummy Doritos! I'm addicted!

2. Arthur gives *awesome* shoulder rubs! I highly recommend them.

3. We also watched "Monty Python's The Meaning of Life" during the
drinking/movie portion of the day, but I missed most of it due to being
outside talking with Bessie.

And now...

The conclusion to Lori's Elf Spat Recap!!!!!!

Day Three, Sunday July 29, 2001

After going to bed at 5:00 AM, I got about an hour of sleep before I was
rudely awakened. I know it's not his fault, but Jason's snoring could have
woken the dead. I finally solved my problem by remembering something a
friend of mine showed me when we were at an extremely loud rock concert in
front of the speakers - I grabbed a Kleenex and made some makeshift
earplugs from it. Worked like a charm, and I slept like a baby from then

Again, Arthur and I woke up before everyone else. I think it was around
noon, or just before. I probably scared him - my hair felt absolutely
gross after not having showered the day before (the pool only did so much),
and I probably looked like Medusa or something. Thank god he didn't reach
for the camera. I also had a bit of a headache - not quite a hangover, but
definitely the result of alcohol plus wacky sleep patterns. Excedrin to
the rescue! Since Arthur and I now had towels to use (from when we went to
the pool), we finally took our much-needed showers.

Separately, you pervs!! Geez. Oh, and I forgot to lock the door when I
took my shower too. Un^H^Hfortunately, nobody walked in on me.

At this point there was still nobody else awake, so we folded up the sofa
bed and put in a tape of "Ranma 1/2", thereby waking up Jason. I decided
that some leftover lasagna would make a great breakfast. Much to my
dismay, I found that it hadn't been put away the day before, and had sat
out all night. Too bad. :( So I munched on some Doritos to hold me over
until Holy Sandwich time. It was practically lunch time anyway.

Eventually everyone woke up, and we popped in another episode of "Ranma"
(http://w3.one.net/~voyager/ranma/grew.jpg). We dubbed it "The Giant Peep
That Attacked Tokyo" because it involved a very large yellow bird perched
atop one character's head, and the thing grew bigger, and bigger, and
BIGGER (http://www.geocities.com/soho/2404/kuno7.jpg). It was EEEVIL!! 

Brendan took everyone's Holy Sandwich orders, and we took the obligatory
photos. While we were devouring our yummy sandwiches, and still trying to
wake up, we watched "The Frighteners".

There is something sad and shameful I must report, and many of you have
probably already noticed it by now. Ladies and gentlemen, it gives me
great sorrow to admit to you that:


Yes, folks, it's true. I had forgotten to pack the Peeps I was going to
bring. However, Wayland and Bessie have a humongous stash of Peeps in the
cabinet. The day was saved! Well, except for the fact that we never
opened any of them. But I guess the Ranma Peep's appearance counts for
something, right?

Anyhow, the day was winding down and Arthur and I were ready to hit the
road. We wanted to take the mandatory group photos, but Tiffani was doing
something to her hair which involved having a lot of goop in it, so we had
to wait a bit. We took the group photos, loaded up the car, and
departed... about two hours later than we'd planned. It was about 5:00 PM.

It was raining. And raining. And raining. I think our average speed for
the entire trip back was about 25 MPH, due to the rain and construction
delays. I am so glad I didn't have to make that trip by myself. I swear
if it wasn't for Arthur's humorous music, skits, etc. that we were
listening to, not to mention having another live human being with me to
talk to, I would have gone absolutely insane. As it got darker outside and
we continued to crawl our way north, it became apparent that it was going
to be too late for Arthur to catch his ride home from the Metro station.
We also decided on a new Elf Spat rule - the Elf Spat isn't officially over
until EVERYONE gets home. It got to be about 10:00 PM and we realized that
based on this rule, the Elf Spat was definitely going to last into Monday.
So we stopped at a McDonald's and decided what we were going to do next.

After eating, we got back in the car and continued driving...

Day Four, Monday July 30, 2001

Driving... driving... t ired.. . .. mem ry faDinGGg.. . % *@# .
Ar%thur... .# me.. pOstIN#g fr m . . ..Ne @wsrang.er. .. E lf Sp@at Ri0T.
.. .Marylanddd.. . ..@# &*! $.. @ / ?%&^. ..

... .








Return to the Kamikaze Peep Squad.

Return to the Elf Spat.